July Book Review

We are half way through the week, yay! I'm looking forward to the weekend because we are taking my girls to their first concert!! I'll post more on that Friday, but today I wanted to share my reads for July. I try really hard to find time to read, and was able to get 2 books in this month. If you have any book recommendations feel free to share!
 
 
"One minute, Tegan Lawson has everything she could hope for: an adoring husband, Gabe, and a baby on the way. The next, a patch of black ice causes a devastating accident that will change her life in ways she never could have imagined. Tegan is consumed by grief–not to mention her anger toward Gabe, who was driving on the night of the crash. But just when she thinks she's hit rock bottom, Gabe reminds her of their Jar of Spontaneity, a collection of their dream destinations and experiences, and so begins an adventure of a lifetime. From the bustling markets of Thailand to the flavours of Italy to the ocean waves in Hawaii, Tegan and Gabe embark on a journey to escape the tragedy and search for forgiveness. But they soon learn that grief follows you no matter how far away you run, and that acceptance comes when you least expect it. Heartbreaking, hopeful and utterly transporting, Come Away with Me is an unforgettable debut and a luminous celebration of the strength of the human spirit."
 
This book drew me in from the beginning, but the end is terrible. I don't want to give much away but this book left me in tears. I did enjoy the book for the most part, but I just wish it would have had a different ending. If the author came out with a sequel to the book I would read it just to see where Tegan is now.
 
 
Jo Marie Rose first arrives in Cedar Cove seeking a fresh start. A young widow coping with the death of her husband, she purchases a local bed-and-breakfast—the newly christened Rose Harbor Inn—ready to begin her life anew. Her first guest is Joshua Weaver, who has come home to care for his ailing stepfather. The two have never seen eye to eye, and Joshua has little hope that they can reconcile their differences. Jo Marie’s other guest is Abby Kincaid, who has returned to Cedar Cove to attend her brother’s wedding. Back for the first time in twenty years, she almost wishes she hadn’t come, the picturesque town harboring painful memories. And as Abby and Joshua try to heal from their pasts, and Jo Marie dreams of the possibilities before her, they all realize that life moves in only one direction—forward.
 
I loved this book and I have fallen in love with Cedar Cove. This book has the small town feel of my own hometown. I didn't realize when I started reading that this is the first book in the Rose Harbor series. I just began reading the second book and I'm excited to see what will take place at Rose Harbor Inn. I would recommend this book!
 
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
linking up with Lindsay, Brooke, Jessi, and Jenn
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Weekending

Girl Chat: Guilty Pleasures