Weekending & {16 week pregnancy update}

Linking up with Lindsay to share my weekend!
Friday night Walt and I dropped the girls off for the week with their dad. I may or may not have cried a few tears. After I pulled myself together we grabbed supper, I had a delicious grilled chicken salad. We spent the rest of the night finishing season one of True Blood.
 
Saturday morning I was up bright and early to decorate for my best friend's bridal shower that I was helping host. We hosted a bridal brunch with lots of yummy food and mimosas (which I didn't get to enjoy). Everything turned out beautiful and she received lots of great gifts!

 
Saturday afternoon my mom and I went to the nail salon to get a pedicure and spend a little time together. We picked Walt up on the way home and went out to a fish house for supper.
 
Sunday morning we went to church, then came home and make a fresh tomato and bacon sandwich, with the yummiest tomatoes grown by my awesome father-n-law!
After lunch my father-n-law wanted to ride up above Vicksburg to look at the flooding along the Mississippi River. If you aren't familiar with the flooding that is happening in Mississippi, we have over 500,000 acres submerged. Most of this land is farm land and over 500 homes have been damaged. The flooding happened around April, and the water has not receded yet.


These are just a few pictures that don't show the devastation that many are dealing with. I simply ask to please keep those affected in your prayers!
 
We ended the evening grilling hamburgers on the grill and watching a few episodes of True Blood.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~16 week pregnancy update~
How far along? 16 weeks, 1 day
Baby is the size of a? avocado
Weight gain? 2 pounds
Maternity clothes? yes! I am mostly wearing dresses but when I have to I wear maternity pants, because regular pants no longer fit!
Cravings? TOMATOES! I hated tomatoes before this pregnancy, but now they are all I think about. My father-n-law has kept me supplied with fresh homegrown tomatoes and they are heavenly!!
Symptoms? Headaches throughout the day, but that's about it.
 
We went to check on our sweet baby this morning and to do a gender ultrasound. The baby had a healthy heartbeat of 152 and was just a kicking those legs. As much as I wanted to look, I didn't so that we can have a gender reveal party this weekend!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Weekending

Girl Chat: Guilty Pleasures