One Year Anniversary Get Away-New Orleans

Happy Wednesday!
I am sharing our overnight trip to New Orleans for our 1 year anniversary. Heads up that almost all of my pictures are of the food we ate haha!
 
Saturday morning we were up early and headed out towards New Orleans.
We stopped in Hammond for lunch. We ate at a new to us restaurant called Our Mom's Restaurant.
We ordered an appetizer of fried green beans. They were good but kind of spicy.

We split the surf n turf burger and it was super yummy!
 
We walked down the street to Sweet Rolls for dessert. I have been dying to try the rolled ice cream and it didn't disappoint! We split the cookie monster.
 
We walked around downtown Hammond for a little while, checking out some of the shops. Hammond is such a cute town, I just love it!
 
Our next stop was Slidell for the Honey Island Swamp Tour.

I took the tour a few years ago, but this was Walt's first time and he loved it! I enjoyed it as well, but it was SO hot on that boat!
 
By the time we were finished with the tour it was time to head down to New Orleans to check into our hotel. We stayed at the Best Western St. Christopher on Magazine St. We were both very pleased with the staff, valet staff, and just the general vicinity of the hotel. After we checked in and got cleaned up we walked across the street for supper at Creole House.

We started off with sautéed crab claws for an appetizer and let me just tell ya'll what, they were SO good! I mean I fell in love with those crab claws, or the sauce they were cooked in!!
I chose shrimp and grits for my entrée. I wasn't pleased with the sauce but it was a good dish. However, Walt ordered the crabcake and shrimp alfredo and it was delicious.

For dessert we split the pecan cobbler with ice cream and it was also delicious!! I recommend this restaurant if you are in New Orleans! The service was great and the food was delicious.
 
We walked down Bourbon St. for a few minutes and Walt got a hand grenade to try which he DID NOT like at all!
We looked at a few shops then called it an early night, because hello I'm pregnant haha!
We were up early Sunday morning for beignets at Café Du Monde because I have never been able to get a table there! It was just as good as I imagined it.
 
We picked up a few things for the girls in the French Market, then we headed back home. On the way home we stopped for lunch at Middendorf's. They are known for their thin catfish and my husband loves it! I got the shrimp poboy and it was huge!!
 
We didn't stay long but we enjoyed our little get away for our anniversary!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Girl Chat: Guilty Pleasures

Weekending