Weekending No.4 Memphis

Oh my gosh at what a great weekend I had!! I took a weekend road trip to with my sil to Memphis, TN for the Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood world tour! Ya'll if you haven't seen Garth in concert, you NEED to! He puts on the best concert, and I now see why he won Entertainer of the Year!
 
We headed out around 6 am Saturday morning so we would have time to stop for breakfast, and we had a 4 hour drive. We bought tickets for the 3:00 concert so we would have time to eat afterwards, that will make you laugh in a little while.
We stopped for breakfast at Another Broken Egg Café. I ordered the Floridian omelet with potatoes.
 
We made it to our hotel around 11:30 and they let us check in, thank goodness! We got ready so we could grab lunch before the concert. By the time we made it to Beale Street there was no where to eat! Keep in mind that was my first time to Memphis, so I wasn't sure what to expect as far as wait times for restaurants. We ended up getting a spot at Jerry Lee Lewis restaurant at the bar. We ordered lunch and I ordered two rounds of Jack Daniels Fire and Coke, first time to try it and I'm hooked! Long story short, our food never came because they were so backed up, so we didn't get to eat lunch
boo.
We parked on a street by Beale Street and walked everywhere. The concert was at the Fed Ex Forum, and we had really good seats for the price we paid.
My phone died during the concert so I didn't get many pictures or videos. My heart grew like triple after seeing Garth and Trisha in concert! During the concert there was a lady battling cancer on the front row and she was holding a sign that said "stage 4 cancer can't stop my dance". Trisha spoke to them and let her know everyone was praying for her, then sang Prize Fighter in honor of her. I cried like a baby, but it gets better. A little while later Garth called Trisha back and asked her who she had been talking to earlier and Trisha pointed the lady out again. Garth gave the lady his black cowboy hat and told her she could have it to keep her head warm, and ya'll my heart broke! He has such a big heart!
 
After the concert we went to find something to eat, and everywhere was packed with a 40 minute wait! We ended up eating subs from Lenny's then we went to Silky O' Sullivans and watched a few locals sing for a couple of hours. My phone was dead the whole time so I didn't get any pictures from Beale Street :( I will definitely go back and experience Memphis a little more lol.
 

We got up Sunday morning, ate breakfast, and checked out of our hotel. We stopped at the Bass Pro because I had never been. We rode the elevator to the top and it was an amazing view! I was so scared to walk out on the glass floor because as you can tell you can see everything and I had a mini panic attack.
We bought a 24 hour parking pass so we went back to Beale Street to see the Peabody Place and eat lunch. We just so happened to be at the Peabody right when they rolled the red carpet out for the ducks. Such a cute thing to see, especially for small children.
We ate lunch at Alfreds and it was amazing!! Best ribs I've had in a long time and the staff was super nice!
 
As you can see I had a great weekend and I can't brag enough on Garth, Trisha, or Memphis. I am already planning my next trip back!
Linking up w/Biana




 



 

Comments

  1. What a fun trip! I've never seen Garth live before. I have been to Memphis though and Beale is a trip. Lol! Fun though. ;) Glad I found your blog. Y'all have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like country music then I highly recommend Garth in concert. He was really good and Beale street was fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Weekending

Girl Chat: Guilty Pleasures