Weekending *snow day*

This past weekend was one for the books! Friday morning I woke up and it was snowing!! That is a rare site to see in Mississippi in early December. My work closed and the school was closed so the girls and I had a snow day. If your from the south you know how often it snows, which isn't much and it is usually ice/sleet not snow. I think a total of 6 inches fell at my house. The girls loved playing in the snow and making a snowman.



 
Friday night we loaded up and went to Natchez to celebrate my mom and Walt's birthday. It was sooo cold that night!


 
Saturday morning I loaded up the girls and my mom to go to Ryleigh's awards banquet for a rodeo system she competed in earlier in the year. Ryleigh worked so hard this past year and walked away with several awards. She won 2nd place in sheep riding, stick horse barrels, goat tail pulling, and goat flipping. She won 3rd place in barrels and poles. She won 1st place in dummy roping and she won 6-up All Around Cowgirl and walked away with a saddle! This is Ryleigh's first saddle to win.

 
Every year our friends throw an "Annual Tacky Christmas Party" and this year the theme was pajamas. The girls exchanged ornaments and the guys exchanged whiskey. We had such a fun time getting together with our friends and celebrating this time of year.







 
Sunday the girls and I went to church then to eat with some friends. Sunday afternoon we met back up with everyone and went to our local Christmas parade. The kids were piled in the street waiting on the parade to start.
 





It's definitely been a Monday today but I am determined to make it a good one. Linking up with Biana to share my weekend and Sarah to share my Christmas card.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Weekending

Girl Chat: Guilty Pleasures