Weekending ~NOLA~

It's Monday.. I woke up this morning, I'm healthy, my girls are healthy, I am blessed.
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I enjoyed spending the weekend with my girls, sil, nephews, friend, and mom.
Friday
Nothing exciting happened, which is ok with me. Went to eat at Los Parrilleros in town. My nephews came home with me after vbs and decided they wanted to spend the night at my house. Well to make a long story short, I ended up packing them and the girls up and going to their house at about 11:00, moving the sleep over to my sil's house.
Saturday
I woke up bright and early, went home, cooked French toast and bacon. Made a huge cup of coffee, loaded the girls up, and headed south to New Orleans (NOLA).
We spent the day at the Audubon Zoon in New Orleans. If you ever have a chance to take your kids, do it. It's such a nice zoo, the staff are very friendly, and it's very clean. Aside from all of the animals, they have a splash pad, lazy river, and obstacle course inside the zoo.









Ryleigh's favorite exhibits were the snakes (eww) and alligators. We just so happened to be at the swamp part when they fed the alligator, and she loved that!
Brynlee's favorite exhibits were the monkeys for sure!
My favorite exhibit was the monkeys, especially the gorillas. They are such intriguing animals.


After the zoo, we headed into New Orleans to the French Quarter. If you can imagine, 4 children under the age of 6 years old, no strollers, AND we just so happened to be in new Orleans on the same day as the NAKED BIKE RACE!! When we noticed that all of these men and women were naked, riding bikes in the middle of the street, it was like we ran into a brick wall!

We ate at the Corner Oyster Bar, and I had fried oyster alfredo, it was delicious!






Sunday
The girls and I went to church. We ate lunch at my mom's house and had a lazy day until 5:00, then we went to Ryleigh's vbs commencement.
When I rise, give me Jesus



Biana







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Weekending

Girl Chat: Guilty Pleasures