Weekending & August Book Review

Happy Tuesday! I thought I would throw a funny out there since we are under a tropical storm warning! Seriously ya'll pray for Mississippi and Louisiana as we prepare for TS Gordon to make landfall tonight/early tomorrow.
 
 Friday night after I dropped the girls off at their father's house I went back to the shop and boiled peanuts with Walt. We ended up calling it an early night since we had to get up early Saturday.
Saturday morning we were up at 5:30 for the morning dove hunt. Ya'll I think I shot a full box of shells and only killed one dove! (insert laughter!!) My shoulder is still sore from shooting that 12 gauge so much.
 
I left the dove hunt a little early so I could go get my hair cut. About a month ago I had my hair cut and colored, but I just wanted a little more cut off. I am so happy I decided to do that!
 
I came home and watched a little bit of the Ole Miss game. Then I went to a wedding shower for a co worker Saturday afternoon. Saturday night Walt and I went to my brother's house to grill and watch the Mississippi State game. I am not a bulldog fan, but I will be supportive and watch them since that's my guy's team.

 
Sunday was spent cleaning the house, finishing up shirt orders, and going grocery shopping. Monday I spent most of the day being lazy until I picked the girls up. We came home and watched Book Club, which was a good little movie.
 
August Book Review
I have seen several bloggers recommend this book so I figured I would jump on the bandwagon. I am not much for nonfiction books, but  I loved this book! I felt like the majority of what she wrote about was my life. This book opened my eyes and made me realize that maybe I'm not that bad of a mom after all.

This is the second book in the Rose Harbor series and it was a good book. I have started to notice a pattern in her novels and it just seemed predictable. I may finish the series out, but I'm not sure.
 
I need some suggestions for a good mystery novel?
 
 
 

Comments

  1. I love the haircut. My hair is currently not looking too hot. Yikes. I just need to chop it and call it a day. I just finished, Girl Wash Your Face, as well! I loved it! It's got me feeling all inspired, and like a you said, a good mom. We can be so hard on ourselves sometimes! Anyway, happy I found your blog through the link up! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was nervous to go this short but I love it and it's so much easier to manage!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Weekending

Girl Chat: Guilty Pleasures