Friday Favorites-Nashville

Linking up with Erika to share a few favorites. Last Friday Walt and I went on a trip to Nashville, TN. We attended the American Farm Bureau Convention with my work. We stayed at the Gaylord Oprayland Resort, and let me tell ya'll that place is beautiful!!
 
Friday night we ate supper at Wild Horse Saloon, which I recommend eating at. I had the piggy mac grilled cheese sandwich(farmers bread, mac & cheese, pimento cheese, smoked pork shoulder, chow chow coleslaw, and b&b pickles). Talk about AMAZING! After we ate supper we went to a few bars and caught some live bands.
 
Saturday morning we got up and headed to Lynchburg to tour the Jack Daniels Distillery. Lynchburg is 1.5 hours from Nashville, but I definitely recommend going if you get the chance. The drive to the distillery was beautiful, with all of the farm land and small mountains.
 
It was so cold in Nashville while we were there!!
 
Saturday night we went back to Broadway to check out a few more bars. We ended up sharing smoked brisket bbq nachos at the Tin Roof.
All of my pictures consist of Walt and I lol
 
Sunday we spent most of the day at the Opry Mills mall shopping and eating lunch. Sunday night we attended a private Mississippi dinner at the Bridge Building in downtown Nashville.
We were attempting a picture of the bridge and river in the background but we failed!
 
President Trump came to speak at the General Session on Monday, along with Reba McIntyre so it was a little crazy around the hotel. We decided not to try and get in to see them speak because we would have waited in line over 5 hours. Instead, we went downtown Nashville and toured the Country Music Hall of Fame. It rained most of the day but we enjoyed spending time downtown. Monday night we went to Foundation Night out at the Grand Ole Opry. We saw Jerrod Neiman, Eric Paslay, and Wynonna Judd. The Grand Ole Opry was amazing to me since it was my first time there.
 
Anytime I get to take a trip to TN I enjoy it. We are going to Memphis in March for the Mid-South Farm & Gin Show. *Side note Walt is a 3rd generation row crop farmer so I get to enjoy all of the exciting farm trade shows now :)
 


 



 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Weekending

Girl Chat: Guilty Pleasures