Weight Loss


It has been one month since I had to go to the hospital for some minor health problems. Since that visit I decided it was time to get healthy. Not only to make myself feel better, but also for my girls. A month ago I was also at my highest weight I have ever been (not pregnant), and none of my clothes fit me anymore. I can't get to a gym every day but I have made myself start walking 1-2 miles almost every day, along with changing my eating habits. I have a long ways to go, but I am determined to meet my goal and to try and keep the weight off.

When I started this "journey" I weighed 175. I haven't made drastic changes to my lifestyle, but I have made improvements. I have pretty much cut out all alcohol, I drink only water, on a few occasions I've had tea or a diet dr pepper. I have tried to cut out fast food, I have been eating salad and sweet potatoes for lunch every day for the past two weeks, I have been baking turkey burgers and veggies, I have tried to cut my portions in half, and not eat late at night. If water won't shake my "late night cravings" I will get a small spoonful of peanut butter. I have been walking 1-2 miles almost every day and doing 10-15 more minutes of exercise at home. I have set a goal to lose 20 pounds, and so far I have lost 8 pounds. I have been sick with a uti this week so it's kind of put a damper on my energy.

I am by no means a "health expert" or know what the heck I am doing to lose weight, but I am trying and that means more to me than anything! It used to be so easy for me to go home and sit on my butt while I binged on junk food, but I can't do that anymore. I am open to any and all suggestions from my fellow bloggers :)
 
Left-March 2016        Right-April 2017
Left-April 2016        Right-April 2017
Left-January 2017       Right-April 2017
 
linking up with Whitney
 
 
 


 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Weekending

Girl Chat: Guilty Pleasures