Life Lately

I haven't been on here much, but I wanted to catch up a little and share a fun day trip I had.

Last weekend my friend Bailey and I took a day trip to Slidell and New Orleans, La. I wanted to stay in NOLA sooo bad, I just love that city! Saturday morning we got up early and headed to Slidell for a swamp tour! This should be on your bucket list if you are passing through Louisiana or if your close by and want something fun to take your kids to!
 



fish camps are all along the river and they aren't accessible by vehicle, only by boat!

when we turned the boat off alligators would surround the boat waiting on a marshmallow or hotdog.
 
we saw several wild hogs and raccoons that love to eat marshmallows as well!
 

The tour last 1 1/2 hours and after that we headed to New Orleans for lunch.
We ate at Acme Oyster House on Bourbon Street. I had chargrilled oysters, half a shrimp poboy, and oyster rockefeller soup (ahhmazing). After lunch we walked around Bourbon and the French Quarter. We checked out a few bars before headed home. Such a fun day trip with one of my best friends.
 

 
The girls went to their dad's for two weeks and I missed them like crazy! The first thing they wanted to do when they got home was swim...
They have been swimming every day since they have been home!
We had to go try on uniforms for Ryleigh's school and I caught this sweet picture. This girl loves to read!
Ryleigh's new school uniforms. We were scared of how they would look but she is actually super cute in them!
 
 
I am looking for suggestions on day/weekend trips that I can go with friends if anyone wants to share thanks :)
 
Linking up with Erika
 

 
 

 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

Weekending

Girl Chat: Guilty Pleasures